They called the storm Nor'Ida, since it was an Nor'Easter mixed with (Hurrican)Ida. I don't care what you call it, it took the kids out of school for 2 days and damage for some folks.
*One of our trash cans had the lid left off and I it was filled almost half-way with water. I had to lean it off to dump it out.
If you look close, you will see a white thing sticking up out of the water. Well that a tool box that is on the back of a truck. Yes, there is a truck under that water. The man is lucky to believe alive. After he went off the road (here on Fire Tower), his truck wasn floating down stream and he got out and grab a tree limb, until someone driving by seen him.
This is where the man, went off in to the water. Usually that water isn't very high at all, but as you can see it is coming out of the river banks.
This is up a few roads from us. Oh yes, we are VERY thankful that we didn't get any damage at our place. The day I took this picture was 2 days after the storm was over and they still couldn't park in their drive way.
This house sets right beside the one I just showed you above. I think the pond across from them overflowed a bit and came over the road to their yard.
This is the same road from above. They had to put poles with (flags) on the end, so everyone knew where the road was. That is just too crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment