Tuesday, March 3, 2009
14 Days in Mexico
Day 1 - 14 Feb 09 - Left home at 315am; plane took off at 545am. Arrived in Cancun at 130pm. As we where standing in the customes line, we seen Doogie and Terry also standing in customes line - that was not planned. After meeting Chris and getting the van, we checked into the resort and then went to Playa Del Carmen for dinner. *(It is scary getting lost in Mexico, in the dark)
Day 2 - 15 Feb 09 - Hung out at the pool area all day, except for lunch and then to the room for that. After lunch, we came back to the pool. On our way to the pool - Doogie and I stopped in for a Cocktail Lesson...fun fun fun. After the Cocktail Lesson we all went to a pool bar to hang out and that is when I left my camera sitting out, for someone to steal and they did.
Day 3 - 16 Feb 09 - We visited the ruins in Tulum - pretty boring, but at least I could say that I seen them. The best thing about being at Tulum, was the beautiful beach, we got to visit. Oh, I forgot to say on our way to Tulum, Chris got pulled over for speeding - but didn't get a ticket, but had to pay $100USD to the cops. What BULLSHIT? After Tulum we visited our very first cenote (a cave filled with water), it was really neat to snokel in it.
Day 4 - 17 Feb 09 - We rented our first palapa at the pool and hung out there ALL day. A palapa is a very nice covered area with a bed - yes, a full size bed. It was great to be able to rest nice, while at the pool. Bubba got in a nice nap in the bed and got fresh air also.
Day 5 - 18 Feb 09 - We all went to Xcarte. It was a park with all sorts of things to do - like swim with dolphins, but that cost extra. Casey is the only one that swam with the dolphins, because that was her gift from us for her birthday. I am so happy for her, that she got to do that.
Day 6 - 19 Feb 09 - Chris's 46th birthday! He wasn't going to tell us how old he is, but I seen him write it later, so I just had to share....haha. We all went to do Ziplines, it was the best fun in Mexico - I think. We did 11 lines, which was over 3 miles long total. After doing the ziplines, we took a old military truck ride through the jungle - going like 100 mph...fun fun fun. We went ended up at the cenote for one last zipline into the water - very scary, but fun!
Day 7 - 20 Feb 09 - We just hung out at the resort and then went to Play Del Carmen for dinner. Casey also got her hair braided.
Day 8 - 21 Feb 09 - Chris left = :( (We really liked Chris, he is a nice guy). I know that the kids missed him.
Day 9 - 22 Feb 09 - We went snokeling out in the ocean from a boat at the resort. It was fun, we seen a really big eel, that was biting at the guide's flippers. That was pretty scary! Casey joined us on the first snokeling stop, but not the second. Justin didn't do any snokeling at all. I wished he would have, I think he woud have loved it. I am sure he will get to do some in Hawaii.
Day 10 - 23 Feb 09 - Hung out at the resort all day - which was fine by us. That evening we went to the beach at the resort for a Beach Party, where Doogie and I got to do some dancing on a small stage. We got dancing partners and my partner and I won a FREE breakfast at the resort. The kids and I did some limboing, where I got FREE shots of tequilla - OH YES! :)
Day 11 - 24 Feb 09 - Went to Play Del Carmen for the day (12 hrs). We visited the beaches, shopped and ate.
Day 12 - 25 Feb 09 - We hung out at the pool until dinner time, when we took the kids to a night time Kid Club and the adults went out to eat alone...haha. We had some really really good food and drinks. I tried a martine for the first time and didn't like it. Glad I didn't order one for myself.
Day 13 - 26 Feb 09 - Hung out at the pool, until dinner time again and then we went to the Mexican Fesita at the resort. We got dinner and seen a show. Luke and the kids got to do some fun things on stage, so we all had fun time.
Day 14 - 27 Feb 09 - It was a last day at the resort and in Mexico, so we hung out at the pool all day. They had a some games going on at the pool and Luke and I played and won FREE drinks.
Day 15 - 28 Feb 09 - Left Mexico at 1100am and got home at 230am. We had a 6 hr layover in Texas and then when we got on the plane, it was having problems, so we had to turn around and get on another plane and then when we was flying into Norfolk, we couldn't land the first try, because of bad weather.
*Did I tell you about all the drinking we did or did I leave that part out? HA HA!! We are still trying to recover from all that....haha.
I will have pictures soon, even through my camera got stolen. Terry is sending me 3 cd's full of pics. I also have some pictures we bought at the zipline place, so I will try to scan them in soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad Casey got to swim with dolphins. She will never forget that!
Yep, the drinks...
Chris mentioned that he had to drink lots of rum and tequila to dull the pain of the sunburn he got from the first day! ;)
Post a Comment